Sandeep Gupta is a specialist general practitioner who is a member of the RACGP, which includes a special interests group in integrative medicine.
Dr. Gupta graduated from medical school at the University of Queensland in 1999. Since then he has served in a range of public and private hospitals in the South-East Queensland region, as a cardiology, medical and anaesthetic registrar. He also has five years of experience working in Intensive Care, particularly in the area of post-cardiac surgery care. Dr. Gupta then went on to invest many years training in integrative medicine and was awarded a Fellowship of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM) in 2008 and a Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) in 2010. He also has physician training certification with Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker in chronic inflammatory illness and a Masters of Nutrition with Dr. Gabriel Cousens. Other major influences include William Wolcott CN, Robert Marshall PhD, and Dietrich Klinghardt MD PhD.
Dr. Gupta established the Lotus Institute of Holistic Health in 2017, to provide training in integrative medicine for those who seek it. He also had an advocacy role in integrative medicine, with a prior position on the ACNEM board, and a current position on the Australian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) advocacy committee. He is a founding board member for the Australian Chronic Infectious & Inflammatory Disease Society (ACIIDS) and a founding diplomate member for the International Society of Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI).
Dr Gupta strives to walk his talk in his own life, keeps up to date with current developments in the field and genuinely aims to approach all clients with respect, service and empathy. He believes in listening and the validation of an individual’s journey are some of the most powerful gifts any practitioner can give.
- Chronic diseases in all ages.
- Environmentally acquired illness (EAI), particularly chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS) and multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS).
- Integrative cardiology including preventative management for those at high risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Bio-identical hormone therapy
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), University of Queensland
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (FACNEM)
- Masters of Arts (MA) in Live Food Nutrition, Cousens’ School of Holistic Wellness
- Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Australian Chronic Infectious & Inflammatory Disease Society (ACIIDS) – Director
- International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI) – Founding Diplomate
- Australian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) – Advocacy committee member & Sunshine Coast coordinator
- Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (FDN) – Advisory committee member
Monday – Wednesday 9AM-5PM Lecturing & Studying in the United States until September 30