Dr. Edward Osborne is a specialist general practitioner with an interest in integrative medicine. He has been living on the Sunshine Coast for 13 years. He has extensive experience both in hospital medicine and general practice, in various contexts around Australia.
Through these experi,ences Dr. Osborne has come to consider that one of his first duties as a health practitioner is to identify the first causes behind a patient’s symptoms. He also considers that utilizing natural therapies, including dietary changes, vitamins, minerals, herbs and physical therapies is an excellent first port of call with regards to building up a solid base of health, from which to tackle any chronic health situation.
This holistic approach appears to be much needed in terms of true health restoration. For some patients, this may also mean addressing emotional blocks, belief systems, and other parts of their being as well.
- Nutritional management of diabetes
- Integrative cancer support
- Gut dysbiosis management
- Management of gluten intolerance issues
- The Bio-balance approach to mental health issues/autism spectrum disorders
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), University of Queensland
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Successful completion of nutritional medicine and injectable nutrients course with the Australian Institute of Medical Nutrition (AIMN)
Outside of medicine, Dr Osborne leads a fit and active life with regular participation in tennis, golf, ten-pin bowling, table tennis and running. While living on the Gold Coast several years ago, he completed two marathons, and more recently has completed three Olympic-length triathlons in Mooloolaba and has completed the King of the Mountain Race in Pomona, Sunshine Coast.
In terms of charity events, Dr Osborne has completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer, Shave for a cure (x2), Movember, Walk for Breast cancer and Light the Night Walk.
Dr Osborne is also the father of two beautiful kids; Ivy Grace Rose and Edward (Ned) George William.